ARENA RACING USA: INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2014-15
OVERVIEW: The Arena Racing USA internship program is intended to provide valuable educational and real-life experiences for select under-graduate and graduate students. This internship program will be under the direction of the Arena Racing staff and will feature weekly meetings to ensure all interns receive proper guidance and gain valuable insight into every facet of the organization. This internship is ideally suited for students with a flexible work schedule eager to obtain hands-on experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Students seeking an internship should meet the following criteria:
- Have completed or be in the process of completing an undergraduate degree in Sports Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or similar degree program.
- Ideal candidates should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Hours may include working evenings and weekends.
- Dedication to optimal customer service
- Must have a fan-friendly attitude – We work hard and have fun while we do it!
MARKETING & PROMOTIONS– Help create a “buzz” for Arena Racing through marketing & grassroots initiatives!
Help to develop and manage event and grassroots marketing initiatives
- Research and attend community and educational events, and coordinate driver/car appearances
- Target local and add Arena Racing event dates to regional event calendars
- Help with updates and management of electronic and social media mediums (e-newsletter, FB, Twitter, Linked-In, YouTube, etc)
- Participate in Race Night promotions, engage with crowds, ensure
SALES – Learn the sales process to become a valuable member of any professional sports organization as you develop your career!
Tickets: Target prospects and setup individual and group outings to help pack the Coliseum!
- Study and learn the “story” of Arena Racing USA – history, goals, assets, benefits, etc.
- Gain a thorough familiarity of the Arena Racing FAQ’s, in order to be able to answer basic questions quickly, concisely, and correctly
- Using existing lead-lists, business directories, phone books, etc., call as many business organizations as possible to solicit sales of blocks of tickets
Sponsorship Prospecting/Research/Fulfillment: Finding organizations and related key contacts that would be good targets for corporate partnerships.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the marketing assets that ARUSA has to offer, and what type of organizations would benefit from them, and/or be interested in them
- Carryout additional research to find the people in the key positions, and to find contact information (phone number, e-mail, & mailing addresses)
- Once a sponsor has signed-on, utilize the Sponsor Fulfillment Checklist to ensure that all actions and benefits promised by both parties, are carried-out in a timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with sponsors throughout the entire event cycle: planning, promotion, registration, event day and post-event
- Work with sponsor to measure and document tangible and intangible results of their sponsorship
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume and other position-specific materials to:
Arena Racing USA
Attn: J.C. Poma
4501 Highwoods Parkway, Suite 420
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Arena Racing USA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment, and is an EOE.