ArenaCars™ are real, one-half-scale stock cars. Every ArenaCar™ must meet the exact same league specifications to ensure that the action on the track is the result of good driving skills, not a mechanical advantage.
Arena Racing cars are:
- They are equipped with:One-half the size of Cup cars
- 9 feet long
- 36 inches high (from track to roof)
- Capable of speeds up to 100 mph outdoors
- Approximately 740 lbs. (including racer)
- Fit with custom steering wheels, racing seats and pedals to fit each racer
- Cup-style stock car bodies
- 22-horsepower, rear-mounted Honda Engines
- 1.5-gallon fuel cells
- Adjustable upper and lower A-frames
- 5-point harnesses
- Steel roll cages
- Coil-over suspension
- Disc brakes
- Rack-and-pinion steering
- Adjustable rear track bars
- Aluminum racing seats
- Drivers enter and exit through a sunroof-sized opening in the roofs of the ArenaCar™.
- Due to the multiple-heat racing format, drivers do not pit during races.
- Teams are allowed to customize only set-up related items such as: caster/camber, toe-in, tire stagger, track bar adjustments, coil-over springs and shocks, shock rubbers, lead location and bite. These are adjustments to a car’s handling, and are done the same way you see professional pit crews do it on TV.